Easy Oxtail Recipe – Slow Cooker
This was a recipe I came up with because I couldn’t find an easy oxtail recipe online that didn’t require me to milk a small goat to get an ingredient. On the side of town that I live on, there’s a large population of Caribbean/West Indian folk so oxtails can easily be obtained at my local grocery store. For all others, I’m sure you can find some at your local farmer’s market.
Easy Oxtail Recipe
By December 15, 2011Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 9 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 9 hrs 10 mins
A signature "slap-yo-momma-it-tastes-so-good" oxtail recipe.
- 2 pounds oxtails get the chopped ones if you can. The long tail freaks me out
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon parsley dried flakes are fine
- 1/2 cup beer I happen to be a Budweiser fan
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 slices bacon because bacon makes everything better
- 1 cup chopped tomato, onion, and pepper mix most grocery stores have this mixture prechopped in the salad aisle
- 5 small red potatoes chopped into large chunks
- Crockpot liners! You'll thank me later for these. They're in the Ziplock bag section.
- Prep your crock pot by lining it with those handy crock pot liners. Chop up your potatoes and place them in the bottom of the pot and drizzle with the olive oil. Put in the beer and Worcestershire sauce. Set it to low.
- Preheat any clean medium sized pan that you can find over medium high heat then add your bacon.
- Season your oxtails with all of the seasonings, and add any others that you think might me cool.
- Brown oxtails with bacon for 5 minutes flipping over midway through.
- Place your veggie mix in the crock pot along with the rest of your ingredients. Then add your oxtails and bacon.
- Cover your crock pot and let cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Serve with white rice and a green veggie (like asparagus. Mmm).
- Now SLAP YO' MOMMA!