The world’s fascination with twins has ancient roots. From Greek mythology to present day Mary Kate and Ashley, we can’t help but be intrigued. Although the number of twin births has risen over the past few decades, it’s still a rare occurrence in relation to the grand scheme of things. I think the rarity is part of the appeal. I know many, including myself, have wondered what it’d be like to have a twin sibling – An instant playmate – a built in best friend.
Fraternal twins, and grown up child starts Mary Kate and Ashley (and no, they’re not identical. I promise.) are the most notable of celebrity twins. And although mildly annoying, you can’t deny that the paparazzi darlings have single-handedly made being a twin look super chic.
Check out this list of other celebrity twins… some of which you may not have even known existed…
- Malika and Khadijah HaqqMalika and Khadijah are most notably known for their association with the Kardashians - Malika, being the long time friend and assistant to Khloe, has made regular appearances on the reality series Khloe and Lamar. Khadijah, in contrast, is a busy mom and football wife to NFL player Bobby McCray.
Together, the sisters have played small movie roles since their teen years.
- Monroe & Moroccan CannonAffectionately known as "Dem Babies ", Monroe and Morccan have been living the sweet life since their birth in May of last year.
They celebrated their 1st birthday like royalty in Paris with mommy Mariah Carey and daddy Nick Cannon. Their party was complete with custom made French pastries and extravagant toys and gifts.
- Dylan & Cole SprouseIf you have "tweens" in your home, you're undoubtedly familiar with these "Beiber-esque" twins. You may remember them from their adorable breakout role in the Adam Sandler movie Big Daddy, but they're best known for their hit Disney series The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, which has made them multi-millionaires.
- Tasha & Sidra SmithTasha has carved out a very successful career in TV and film having appeared in many of Tyler Perry's films and television series'. Sidra is also in the entertainment industry working behind the scenes as a producer and director.
- Jon & Daniel HederJon is best known for his hilariously quirky role as Napoleon Dynamite. He's since carved out quite a career playing notoriously nerdy roles. Together, Jon and Daniel run their own production company called Greasy Entertainment.
- Max & EmmeThese adorable four-year-old twins seemed to have marked the start of a celebrity twin boom in the entertainment industry.
The adorable twin offspring of Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony have already begun taking their place in the spotlight having launched a modeling career. At 2 1/2, Max and Emme posed in their first fashion campaign for Gucci's Children's collection.
- Tia & Tamera MowryThese gorgeous twins are best known for their hit '90's sitcom Sister, Sister. They've continued their acting careers over the years having tackled separate projects, most recently teaming up again for their Style Network reality show Tia & Tamera.
- Scarlett & Hunter JohanssonThese striking fraternal twins began their acting careers together, both appearing in the 1996 film Manny & Lo. Scarlett won accolades for her role and went on to become the highly paid actress that you know today. Her brother decided to go in another direction: politics. He currently works for President Obama as a campaign organizer.
- Tiki & Ronde BarberEven for twins, these two have a lot in common. Both carved out long and successful careers in the NFL. Curiously, they both have a penchant for Asian-American women too, having married women of Asian decent. Tiki notoriously became known best for leaving his [then] pregnant wife for a much younger mistress.
- Jax & AJWho are these adorable fraternal twin tots you might ask? These are my twins Jax & AJ - who I've shamelessly and lovingly exploited since this site began. They're celebrities in their own right, having inspired the movement that is We Got Kidz. :)